The theme: Depression. Show us the diagnosis, dealing with depression, overcoming depression, anything to do with depression. Give us artwork, stories with depressed characters, poems with depressed speakers, comics, and so on. Interpret it yourself and show us what you created.
Deadline is November 15. For information on how to submit, check our Submit page. We are interested in comics, so please send them our way!
1. Major Depressive Episode and Major Depressive Disorder
Major Depressive Disorder requires two or more major depressive episodes.
Depressed mood and/or loss of interest or pleasure in life activities for at least 2 weeks and at least five of the following symptoms that cause clinically significant impairment in social, work, or other important areas of functioning almost every day
- 1. Depressed mood most of the day.
- 2. Diminished interest or pleasure in all or most activities.
- 3. Significant unintentional weight loss or gain.
- 4. Insomnia or sleeping too much.
- 5. Agitation or psychomotor retardation noticed by others.
- 6. Fatigue or loss of energy.
- 7. Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt.
- 8. Diminished ability to think or concentrate, or indecisiveness.
- 9. Recurrent thoughts of death (APA, 2000, p. 356).