- I work at home, or at Bryant Park
- I write by hand because I am a poor typist, and I use ballpoint pens.
- I’ve been writing for a long time in various cycles, determined by my work in theater when I focused on playwriting and translations of the classics.
- My intended audience is adults, ‘or older,’ ideally who enjoy issues, storytelling, and a commitment to literature.
- I have an urgent need to communicate with audience,s and I’m concerned with the state of the nation and the condition of the world. I have too much to do.
- I mentor some young people and play speed chess.
- The actual act of writing and the mental state when it just flows out of the pen.
- If it’s vitally important to you, persevere, no matter how you’re scorned or rejected. Never accept family or friends comments as objective assessment.
Check out Gary’s work in Volume 1, Issue 1, Volume 2, Issue 1, and Volume 3, Issue 2.